Bauer, Germany (Eugen Bauer GmbH, after 1932 a subsidiary of the Robert Bosch GmbH.)
Some additional manuals can be found at apecity.
Bauer's relationships to other companies:
- Silma was owned by Bauer from 1965 to 1981 and was still producing projectors for Bauer after 1981. Therefore a couple of "Bauer"-products are partly or completely "Made in Italy" (=by Silma), e.g. the Bauer TR 200 Retro Sound Projector. On the other hand there are rumors that Bauer used the name "Silma" to distribute some of its own products in Italy. Bauer and Silma produced a lot of projectors for store-chains and other companies, e.g. the Bolex SM8, the Eumig 933-Series, all Rollei-Super8-projectors (except for the "Rollei P 8400 S"), ... . Same applies to the cameras.
- In 1968 Bauer took over Siemens' projector department.
- In 1970 the "Bauer & Sun Optical Co. Ltd." was founded in Taiwan to produce lenses for Super8 cameras.
- In 1972 the "Robert Bosch Malaysia" was founded to produce Super 8 cameras, parts and projectors.
- In 1974 Chinon produced some super8-sound-cameras for Bauer (after Bauer's designs). This continued until approx. 1978.
- In 1980 the Braun AG sold its film & photo-section to the Robert Bosch GmbH (owner of the Eugen Bauer GmbH), so the last "Braun Nizo"-cameras and "Braun Visacustic"-projectors have been in fact made and distributed by Bauer.
- In 1985 all activites regarding Super8/16mm have been stopped.
- Bosch's "Photokino"-division got closed in 1992.
- German homepage with hints for the Bauer studio-class projectors and some overviews about the different studio-class projectors
- Italian text about interfacing a PC and a Bauer studio-class projector (T600)
- A lot of (service) manuals, ... (mainly German)
Pages in category "Bauer"
The following 113 pages are in this category, out of 113 total.